Tuesday 19 April 2011

SO's Letters

SO's away for 2 weeks : ( . I actually thought that I would be so happy to have some me time...lol! But I actually miss him a lot...lol! So I decided to try and reignite the old art of letter writing. I can't remember the last time I wrote a letter. In these days of texts and pokes its difficult for me to even order my thoughts coherently but I thought I'd give it a go.


Sweetheart,


Its been about 5 days since I waved you goodbye and like I promised there was no waterworks. I used to laugh at SY when she talked about how she felt when her hubby was going to be away but I think I understand the feeling now and I kind of pray that it will always be this way. Talking to you yesterday just wrapped the whole day for me...like ice cream with Bramble apple pie....lol!


I think its human nature to not realise the value of what you have until you lose it. Looking back at our issues over the last few weeks just makes me realise how important love is and how much we don't realise how little time we have. Today I'm just grateful to have a man that loves me the way you do. Honestly, genuinely and with everything. I'm grateful to have someone to share my life with....the easy bits and the difficult bits too. I'm grateful that there's someone I can learn to be vulnerable with. Because I know that I am so far from there but I'm getting there...at least I'm working on getting there.


I am looking forward to our life together. When I look back at the odds of us actually being together I sometimes wonder if I should start to believe in fate because the odds were surely stacked high against us and even though in some ways it still feels that way I'm confident that we'll do our best to always overcome them.


Come home soon darling. I miss you.


LUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment