Wednesday 26 January 2011

On Blokes and men..

I just finished reading a book titled 'William Walkers First Year of Marriage'...it made me lol all through. It got me thinking about blokes and men. There is a difference and it has nothing to do with age. It was interesting to see things through a man's eye for once and try and attempt to understand why he reasons the way he does. 


The difference between blokes and men is that the latter have grown up while the former haven't. A bloke is 'me, me, me' and not 'us, us, us'. I tell darling SO that it will only work when 'us' becomes bigger and more important that 'you' or 'me'. 


Funny book though...recommended read. Some interesting quotes from the book.


'Marriage is like life in this-that it is a field of battle, and not a bed of roses.' Robert Louis Stevenson


'My advice for any newlyweds is stick at it, you will always have the snags but use a bit of sense!' Gladys Mott

'Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished' Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


That was so totally random...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment