Tuesday 26 July 2011

1, 2, 1?

It always sad when one heart becomes two. It is so much easier to join than it is to separate what has been joined. I was speaking to an elderly gentleman yesterday and he told me 'You don't ever want to know what it feels like not to want to go home. To look for excuses not to go home.' I had so many questions for him...I'm curious by nature but the timing and setting just wasn't right. How did you go from one heart to two? From one life to two separate lives...joined together by name but as far apart as being on two different continents. I prayed for him this morning and his wife that their hearts would find their way back to each other, back home.

I sent SO a text today;

'I pray I never lose you....'emotionally' that it. Even though it's always difficult when we're physically separated I know it will be much worse if we were ever to become strangers in our own home.'

SO responded:

'I pray and hope not darling. I pray and hope that we will be a beacon for others to follow.'


Great relationships are hard work. Sometimes I feel like I've put in my 100% and surely no one expects me to put in anymore but I am learning that God gives the grace for that extra and I pray that I can always give it. Its not about perfection but putting in your very best and sometimes that means really stretching 'me' to the limit so that 'us' can reign.

I don't know what is happening to me but I am falling in love with this man more and more everyday.

Love. Live

No comments:

Post a Comment