Friday 15 July 2011

The 30 Day Challenge

My friend AZ told me about a talk she listened to recently with the above title. Basically its about doing something everyday for 30 consecutive days. It was really interesting. Inspired by my friend, I've decided to try and apply that to my relationship as well. So for the next 30 days I've decided to consciously do something special/nice for SO. This has to be independent of anything he does in return. I just realised that I'm falling into this funny pattern of 50-50. I'll meet you where you are. This morning on my way to work a question fell into my spirit. 'Could you just love him, be giving, be kind without any expectations, any returns?' Of course love is giving and taking but like the quote in my last post. 90% giving and 10% taking. Hmm...

I was going to send him 30 letters. Vulnerability is not my strength, I know that there are still some places that I have not allowed SO into and this was going to be a way of sharing. But I guess that could get boring and mundane so I'm going to look for other ways to say 'I love you and you mean so much to me.'

This morning was a text message. It wasn't really a big thing but it was so appreciated it and I ended up feeling really good myself. I guess I need to get my creative cap on for the next 29 days. Love is much more about giving than receiving.

Keep loving..

No comments:

Post a Comment